Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome to my Stories Blog

Well, I used to just post my story/legacy stuff on my ‘gamer’ blog but now that I have Sims3 + the other Sims games, I figured it was time to just get all my Sims stuff in one place.

A little intro on me and my Sims history. I’ve been playing the game since the very first Sims was released. Eventually I bought every EP they put out.  With Sims2 I had every EP minus Apartment Life and SP minus the last three because of SecurRom disabling my cdrom drive, as well as my USB ports, including any thing I plugged into said ports.

Which eventually killed my comp, and I wasn’t able to get a replacement for a long time. When I did get a new comp I no longer had access to my game cd’s due to moving across country, twice. I hate when things get lost in transit. Anyway, Sims3 was out,  but I wasn’t able to afford it just yet, nor was I sure I wanted to try it.




I was fond of the Sims2 and really wanted to play that. So, my S/O and I discussed it, and they had never really played the Sims at all. We decided, since it was cheaper, plus it had quests/free play we got The Sims Life Stories. Which, tbh was kinda interesting. Don’t like all the Sims2 bugs that were in it, later fixed with patches, but not fixable with the Stories version too much.

Also didn’t like that instead of applying said fixes to the game before it was released, despite knowing about the bugs/glitches, and having the fixes already, they released it anyway. But what else can I expect from EA really, especially after the whole SecurRom scandal. Anyway, finally after getting all the Stories games, Castaway being my favorite because of its uniqueness all around, I got the Sims3.

I have to say I hate that it crashes a lot on my computer, that more than exceeds the requirements. However, I LOVE the game none the less. Even got S/O playing, despite they started playing when we got the Stories games. We both like to create stories about the Sims, or continuing on a story already set in play by EA. EPs and SPs I have are WA, Ambitions, LN, Generations, Pets, FL, OL, and MS.

Plan on getting the others as soon as we possibly can, and hope to one day be able to get the Sims Medieval and Medieval: Pirates and Nobles. So, in short (Smile with tongue out) this blog will have many different stories, legacies, and challenges being posted in chapter based writings. Each story post will have tagged the title of the story for faster access to specific ones, and types. If you happen by my blog, and like the stories, please follow and recommend.

Happy Simming!

No comments:

Post a Comment