Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ocean of Jade - Generation One, Chapter One

My first day back in Cala Blanca and it hasn't changed a bit from its small town charm, and beautiful villas that I remember when my father use to bring me here. One time in particular, there was a west wind coming from the coast line while we walked hand in hand to the near by park at where we had been staying. It was the first time we had been back in Cala Blanca after my mother died from a horrible illness. Father thought it was best for the both of us if we enjoyed our time together, and tried to continue living, just like mother wanted us too. That was ten years ago.


Fresh out of high school, I decided to give myself a head start in what I've always known that I wanted to do with my life, become a writer. My father didn't want me to leave the city where we lived, but knew that I was strong willed and hard headed and was going to do what I thought best no matter what. He helped me look for a place in Cala Blanca, renting a large villa with two other small families, for a decent amount of money for someone just starting out, and helped me pack. He sent me on my way in a cab, with a pocket full of money and a few suit cases. It took me almost the entire hour cab drive to calm myself down but as I looked out the window so many memories flooded my mind that it was hard to do so.



I almost didn't realize the cab driver had stopped in front of the street at where I was moving into until he had finally gotten my attention and helped me take my things inside the quaint little house for one. Looking around, I began to wonder if I would be able to handle doing this, especially after the cab driver left, and if I hadn't made a mistake, because for once, I was on my own, and to be honest, it was a bit terrifying. It was going to have to work out though, it had too, this was what I had wanted. I, Aesleng Jade, had my entire life in front of me, and at this moment, was optimistic, but very unsure of myself. I unpacked my things, and settled in for the night, hoping for a bright tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Aesleng, that is such a funny picture of you getting all emotional. Normally I don't find such emotions funny, but that is just too cute, it makes one laugh. Hang in there. :P

    ReplyDelete